Electronic Office Management and Executive Secretariat
Objectives "Electronic Office Management and Executive Secretariat":
- In attending this program, delegates will be able to: Identify the key components within the job role of the Office Manager /Executive Assistant to fulfil their job role effectively.
- Understand what makes an effective executive secretary.
- Be a strategic partner to his/her boss.
- Learn better ways to think on his/her feet with powerful decision-making techniques.
- Enhance team communication skills to a higher level.
- Work under pressure to achieve objectives.
- Build an approach that suits their own style and workplace.
- Develop techniques for using your initiative and ‘Thinking Outside the. Box ’.
- Manage difficult people and situations.
- Identify and practice approaches that will be of benefit to them in managing the tensions and demands of their workplace in such a position.
- Discuss experiences with fellow delegates and learn possible techniques for advancement of such skills in facilitator – led discussions.
The Role of the Executive Secretary/PA:
- Job definition and analysis.
- Identification of personality type.
- How to project an image of self-confidence and professionalism.
Time and Stress Management:
- Analyze time usage.
- Work prioritizing and scheduling.
- Travel arrangements.
- Diary management.
- The key steps in the problem-solving and decision-making model.
- Teams and decision-making.
- Different strategies that can be used in decision-making.
Communications: What is communication?
- Improving communications within an existing team.
- Oral and listening skills.
- Reporting to Management.
- Negotiation skills and techniques.
- Comparison of telephone / face to face / written communications, their effectiveness and suitability for different situations.
- Effective Communication.
- Communication barriers.
- Use body language effectively.
- Positive thinking.
- Listening skills.
- Dealing with difficult people and difficult situations.
- What makes good meetings good / bad meetings bad? ü Obstacles to meeting effectiveness.
- Key Characteristics of an effective meeting.
- Meeting rules.
- Meeting process.
- Agenda setting.
- Meeting evaluation.
- Meeting room.
- Recording devices
The Working Day:
- Practicing a “typical day” simulated scenario incorporating issues and techniques from the week.
- Identifying an approach and style that suits you as an individual.
- Reporting to Management – presentation and negotiation techniques
- Personal Action Plan.
- Using computer and electronic office management and secretary (work- shop).
Who should attend?
The course is targeted at:
- Office Administrators.
- Office Managers.
- Supervisors of clerical and administrative staff. ü Executive Secretaries.
- Executive or Personal Assistant to Senior Management. ü Individuals with office management experience.