Time Management and Communication Skills
Time Management and Communication Skills
The course aims to improve skills in time management, speaking, listening, presenting, reading and writing. We teach grammar and vocabulary in context, through reading and listening texts. Speaking and writing skills are developed through a range of communicative tasks. Participants will learn how to deliver a powerful presentation and develop SMART goals for themselves and coworkers. Motivation and positivity are key to achieving your success and this course strengthens these beliefs.
On completing this program, the participant will:
- Integrate proven time management techniques into your daily processes
- Explore both theoretical and experiential learning on stress management.
- Adopt strategies and techniques to handle procrastination and interruptions
- Make informed decisions about what you do and when
- Order of priorities in terms of importance and proactive.
- Develop a personal action plan to reap the most benefit from your efforts
- Develop skills to set SMART goals generating clear goals aligned with vision
- Realize the power of setting stretch goals which generate innovative and creative thinking and ideas.
- Communicate more effectively with your boss and co- workers.
- Build stronger working relationships with co- workers up and down the ladder.
- Feel at ease in any business setting: meetings, client lunches and social functions.
- Deal with difficult co -workers and tough situations calmly and confidently.
- Keep your attitude positive and your motivation high.
- Communicate assertively and confidently, without coming off as overly aggressive.
Managing Time through Self-Management Principles:
- Essentials of time management.
- Determining your time style and your personality style.
- Gaining control over your time.
Managing Your Time Day to Day:
- Make a do-to list and rank task according to priorities.
- Time element and relevance of task and Priorities.
- Overcoming procrastination.
- Diffusing the impact of others.
- Developing workspace best practices.
- How to handle stress.
- Interpretation and use of information.
- Barriers to effective communications.
- Overcoming barriers to communication.
- The main categories of communication.
- Analyzing different types of communication.
Prioritizing and Scheduling:
- Setting priorities towards goal management.
- Setting criteria for Priorities.
- Focusing your attention.
- Proactively identifying your priorities.
- Building your schedule.
Mapping and Analyzing Your Current Situation:
- Incorporating a time-planning process model.
- Determining your primary purposes.
- Assessing your realities.
Presentation and Agendas
- Presentation Techniques.
- Managing Effective Meetings:
- Agenda preparation.
- Taking minutes.
Planning for the Future:
- Painting a Picture of the Future.
- Envisioning where you want to be.
Gaining participation and contribution of members
- Involving the team.
- Action Planning.
- Achieving the Objectives of the meeting.
- Negotiation Techniques, Strategies and Tactics.
- Influencing Techniques, Different approaches.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Stress and Its effect on Interpersonal skills.
- The Change Environment and Its effect on Interpersonal skills.
- Understand the goal-setting process.
- Moving toward your goals (generating clear goals aligned with vision).
- Recognize the key components of effective goal setting.
- Create clearly defined goals based on your role.
- Setting challenging goals and the concept of stretch goals.
- Making goals compelling and motivating.
- Being clear about goals as outcomes.
Getting the Best Return on Your Time Investment:
- Analyzing your progress.
- Changing your time habits for the better.
- Positive attitudes.
- Relationships with superiors, peers and subordinates.
- Group dynamics.
- Effective Teamwork.
Who Should Attend?
- Leaders looking to gain insight into exercise and the power of controlling routines.
- HR Personnel.
- Help Desk Staff.
- Frontline staff.
- Administrative assistants.
- Sales Personnel.
- Customer service personnel.
- IT professionals.
- Team leaders.
- Anyone wanting to gain effective tools and strategies to improve performance toward goals achievement by using effective prioritizing techniques.