Project Portfolio Management and the Project Management Office
Project Portfolio Management and the ProjectManagement Office (PMO) structure
This course is introduced to you by the International Academy of Human Resources Development (IAHRD). Our courses are specially designed to meet your needs, explained to you by experts with a long experience in the field. This course is articulated around an interactive workshop that willhelp you enhance your current project organizational environmentand shape a specific Project Portfolio Management (PPM) and ProjectManagement Office (PMO) structure.
After attending this course, participants will be able to:
Benefits of Attending:
- Achieve their organization’s strategic objectives through the right selectionof projects.
- Highlight priorities across all projects in your portfolio and introduce a clear staging process for programs or projects within the portfolio.
- Understand PMO functions, roles and responsibilities.
- Identify and respond to PMO implementation challenges.
- Introduction to management.
- Running successful projects.
- What are the major business drivers?
- The importance of change.
- Projects are agents of change.
- The need of strategic planning and portfolio management.
- It is all about a unique strategy.
- Effective communication and Stakeholder's management.
- How to manage the stakeholder expectations?
- Customers, project managers, project team members.
- Project sponsor, steering committee, and executives.
- Crucial resources control.
- Project portfolio management
- Project prioritization important norms.
- Key factors that ensure the success of PMO.
- The relationship between PMO and project management excellence.
- Effective project management competency model.
- The PPM/PMO structure.
- Integrating the structure into the organization.
- The process of tracking and reporting.
- Overcoming the PPM/PMO challenges.
- Ensuring the alignment of corporate strategy and project portfolios.
- Boosting performance through practical and up to date approaches.
Who Should Attend?
- Project Managers.
- Senior Managers.
- Project office staff and Line Managers.
- Consultants who seek to manage their project portfolio and achieve corporate change goals and objectives.
- Professionals who wish to expand/enhance or establish their PMOs, project management practices and processes will benefit from attending.